Stamped concrete is a textured, patterned, or embossed concrete resembling slate, stone, brick, tile, wood, stone, and other different textures and patterns. It is commonly used for sidewalks, pool decks, patios, interior flooring, and garden centers.
Advantages of stamped concrete
- Available in various patterns and colors.
- It is cheaper than other paving materials.
- It gives the appearance of natural brick and stone.
How does it work?
Stamped concrete work with the following steps:
- Whenever you order stamped concrete, you ought to decide which design or pattern you are looking for.
- Once you are through that, prepare the worksite.
- Mark the site region with corner stakes. This is the outline of the work plan.
- Ensure you plan the space and measure it appropriately according to the dimensions of the stamp you shall use.
- Ensure the work design primarily by hand for the best outcomes.
- These corner stakes shall be nailed to the border while forming boards.
- Place them about 15 cm or 6” from the board’s end. Dig out about 15 cm or ½ a foot in the framed region.
- Pack the area dug out and pour sand and gravel to spread around 5cm or 2” deep. Compact the layer.
- Layer the concrete to a slope of about 1/4th inch drop for each foot length, i.e., 0.6 cm for 30cm length.
- Secure the forming boards accordingly from the highest level down the slope.
- Use a little cooking oil to coat the forming board to avoid any sticking of concrete to them.
- Use a six mil plastic to line the bottom part of the hole.
- Place a wire mesh to all the site area to even up the upper portion of the frame.
- Start pouring at the center and spread it all through the form.
- Drag the concrete to spread to 2×4 on the top and then smoothen the surface.
- Place the stamps on the wet concrete after coating the stamp with any oil.
- Place an even pressure on the stamps by walking on them or pressing them using a large mallet.
You can get stamped concrete in OKC from experts at reasonable prices. When you seek a contractor, ensure you have done sufficient research on them. Get an estimate from short-listed ones, preferably written, and compare them. Do the background check on them, and then head to pick the best suitable for you from them. Make an explicit contract agreement with them. Be ready with all the required payments.
Stamped Concrete- Is it expensive?
Stamping concrete is not expensive; however, aggregate concrete is relatively economical for a more significant project. A stamped concrete begins at 120 dollars (aggregate concrete 100 dollars). Its average cost ranges from 10 dollars to 12 dollars per square foot.
Disadvantages of Stamped Concrete
- Stamped concrete is concrete and hence can crack.
- It is moisture absorbing and cannot resist the freeze and thaw cycles.
- It has to be resealed every two to three years.
Stamped concrete is very famous for deck and patio material globally. It is somewhat cheaper too as compared to pavers. They are available in different patterns and colors. This is concrete poured and stamped before it hardens. Control joints are placed every couple of feet to prevent cracking. Stamped concrete in OKC is available in different colors, patterns, and designs in good quality concrete at reasonable prices.
Bill’s Custom Concrete & Yard Drainage Also Offers Following Services :
Bill’s Custom Concrete & Yard Drainage Address:14609 Remington Way, Oklahoma City, OK Phone: (405) 755-3975